It's been a while since I last did one of these. Speedlinking posts take a lot of time to put together and as we're currently expecting a second MiniCK in the next few weeks, most of my free time over the past few months has been spent taking care of the two current ladies in my life, leaving little time for long gaming session or the research needed to put together these Speedlinking posts.
A change in my methodology was needed if I wanted to start doing these posts on a regular basis again. Having gone through several tweaks, I think I've nailed it down to an art form, which should result in having this feature on a weekly schedule again. Anyways that's the idea! So here goes...
- EVE Player Blogs OPML Download updated - Ga'len updates the blog list, removing deadlinks and adding a few new ones. I've actually got a list of over40 blogs that I need to add. I plan to do this some time in the next few days!
- Tengu Ship Setup - Part I and Part II - The ever knowledgeable Kirith explores the innards of the Caldari Strategic Cruiser "Tengu"
- Review: EVE Strategic Maps, Edition 3 over at Inanity and Doom
- Some sweet looking screenshots over at EVE Online Postcards - Rookie ship - Ferox
- Nashh Kadavr is onto something interesting with his Celebrety Death matches
- Some EVE Players have great artistic talent and interesting sens of humour. Giant Ideas is one such fellow. Notice this poster ad about staying quiet in local!
- Mynxee, the now EON-published-head-of-the-Hellcats, recently published a guide to EVE Online Holdem, for those not willing to wait for Walking-in-Station to play their hand.
- Repeating the same mistake: Why EVE’s skill system is the way to go - Syncaine digs into the advantages of a skill system such as EVE's. Join the already voluminous discussion and see as well Kirith's take on the subject!
- In his article "The fight against RMT in EVE Online", James Egan dwelves into the hotbed that is Real Money Trades.
- See "Video interview focuses on emergent gameplay in EVE Online" for a great video interview of Nathan "Oveur" Richardsson over at Gamereactor (in Swedish).
From CCP Games
- "The Precious Tableau" - A new EVE chronicle
- "The Second Coming of Moondoggie" - A better in-game browser anyone?
- "The Way of the Plex" CCP Grimli on Plexes, ETC and ISKs
Last not but least I want to remind you of the current contest I've got organized with CCP where you'll have a chance to interview a CCP Dev during one of my podcasts! Make sure to submit your entry before next Wednesday! Read about it on my blog, on the EVE Online site, and discuss it on the EVE Forums.
As always, Fly Safe!