Expect more updates on my progress!
Friday, April 29, 2016
Yesterday, I got a DM from Michael of @ promoting me to Space Optimizr and Alpha pilot. It's been a blast of fun ever since!
Sunday, February 07, 2016
|Artwork is "Sleeping Beauty" by Exidium Corp - via ArtStation.|
I've been reading and following Tim Ferriss for a number of years now, and I'd figured that I'd leverage his idea of the "5-Bullet Friday" and do some weekly wrap-ups.
Robots and Murder: The Caves of Steel/ The Naked Sun/ Robots of Dawn"
I've finished rereading "The Caves of Steel" and am halfway through the 2nd Robot novel. As always I loving the literary style taken by Asimov and his strong dialogues. But I can't deny that the little (and sometimes major) technology fumbles aren't pulling me out of the story from time to time. Still, I'm enjoying the story and the concept of AI and humanoid robots.
The Dual Universe Soundtracks from Maxime Ferrieu"
I've been following Novaquark and their Dual Universe game development for a little over two years now. In their most recent newsletter, they mention the release of six new tracks. I've got to say I'm loving the ambiance and galactic breadth of the track - perfect for immersing yourself in a good sci-fi novel.
It's been quite sometime since I've wanted to upgrade my current monitor. So at the end of 2015, I made the move and purchased the gorgeous 27MP77HM LG 27" monitor and haven't looked back! The previous 23" monitor I had for the last, what 4 or 5 years, now seems tiny in comparison. And the new monitor allows me to plug in both my PC and my Xbox360. Call me a happy camper!
G.SKILL 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2"
So now that I've got a bit more real estate in terms of visuals, my next upgrade to my old 7 year old PC gaming rig, is upgrading my RAM from 8GB to the maximum allowed by my mobo, a whopping 16GB of RAM, thus DOUBLING what I currently have. The only issue, the price: a big fat $470! Ouch.
My most popular tweet over the last week - "The one about activating my EVERSPACE Forum account"
Saturday, January 02, 2016
Well, though we are technically in the new year, this IS the end of the last week of 2015, the end of the month and year. As such, it's an opportunity for me to review things and get the house in order as we set forth into 2016.
Let's run the number for this blog, even though some of them are pretty shameful:
- 7 posts in 2015
- 3 failed attempts to restart this blog over the last 2 years
- 1 EVE Blog Banter Participation
- 1 Weekly Wrap-Up (2 if you include this one)
- 521 pageviews - 344 visitors
- food for thought: to put things in perspective my last active year - 2011 - this blog had 152k pageviews.
On the positive sides of thing, I've been focusing most of my activity on Twitter, where a lot of the conversation is taking place these times. And here, the numbers are much more interesting:
- December 2015: 109k impressions - 231 tweets - 1,676 profile visits
- November 2015: 70.3 impressions - 120 tweets - 1,131 profile visits
But I'm finding more and more the need to go beyond the simple 140 character limit of Twitter and use a platform such as this blog to elaborate on various topics, aggregate interesting content, share and review films and books, and write about other matters.
As such, I'm setting a goal - it's that time of year isn't it! - for January and promise to do my darn best to post once a day. I started writing this post on January 2nd at 11:47pm and though I'll be posting it a little past midnight, it still counts!
What I've got in the works:
- Gaming goals for the year
- Book reading goals and monthly review
- Teaching MiniMe (who's now in first grade) and his older sister all about PC Gaming - and writing about it
- Writing about my passion for "The Art of" books, and the Concept Artists behind them
- Movie, Book and Game Reviews
- Cleaning up the mess I made by letting CrazyKinux.com go and having to register and use instead CrazyKinux.ca (will need to go through every post on this blog and manually update any reference pointing to .com and switch it to .ca - Go me!!)
- Coming up with a new Blog Banter
- Writing about the slow and painful upgrade of this 6 year old gaming PC
- And much much more...
Expect the regular weekly wrap-up to be back next week-end.
See ya tomorrow you ol' farts!
Friday, January 01, 2016
Saturday, October 31, 2015
|Concept art taken from the upcoming game "Dreadnought".|
- "The Man In The High Castle" [PILOT]
- "League of Legends PROJECT: Overdrive" by Axis Animation
- Video: Deconstructing the art design of Dragon Age: Inquisition
What I'm reading:
- EVE Blog Banter 68 "If I show you my rig, will you show me yours?"
- "Microsoft Will Focus Primarily On Xbox Live Usership, Not Console Shipments" via Game Informer
- "Ubisoft joins Open Gaming Alliance" via Games Industry
- "Respawn & Nexon partner for Titanfall franchise" via Games Industry
- "Big changes are coming to Star Citizen in the Alpha 2.0 release." via PC Gamer
- ▼ 2016 (4)
- ► 2011 (42)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (130)
- ► 2008 (231)
- ► 2007 (133)
- ► 2006 (121)