Welcome to the twenty-first installment of the EVE Blog Banter, the monthly EVE Online blogging extravaganza created by none other than me, CrazyKinux. The EVE Blog Banter involves an enthusiastic group of gaming bloggers, a common topic within the realm of EVE Online, and a week to post articles pertaining to the said topic. The resulting articles can either be short or quite extensive, either funny or dead serious, but are always a great fun to read! Any questions about the EVE Blog Banter should be directed to email@example.com. Check out other EVE Blog Banter articles at the bottom of this post!
This month topic comes to us from @ZoneGhost who a few month ago asked “Is Low Sec the forgotten part of EVE Online?” Is it? I’d like us to explore this even further. Is Low Sec being treated differently by CCP Games than Null Sec (Zero-Zero) or Empire space is? Can one successfully make a living in these unsecured systems where neither Alliance nor Concord roam to enforce their laws? What’s needed? Or is everything fine as it is?The Wilds. A No Mans Land where pirates can hunt you down and ransom you, where you become canon fodder. That's the perception of Low Sec. Except there's a problem. It's rarely true. And that's where part of the problem with this vast territory that exists between Empire Space and Null Sec.
As many of you know I've been a Carebear for as long as I've been playing EVE, which is over 6 years now. And as many of you, I used to try to avoid Low Sec (and Null Sec as well for that matter) like it was the plague. But then I began to travel long distances, which saw me travel in Low Sec for many systems. After a while I started to notice something strange: Low Sec is a very empty and lonely place. Where is everybody?
Now I've never been a pirate, so I can't tell you how these folks make a living in Low Sec. What I can tell you though is that is should have been blown up and podded many more times then has happened over the years. And yes, I'm avoiding all together the PvE that's available in Low Sec. To me Low Sec should be the ultimate PvP arena. A wild realm where more often then none, one would be faced with destruction and "life and death" combat at the hands of pirate and poachers!
So I'm very happy to see folks like Mynxee put together an initiative like the "Making Low Sec Matter committee" in an effort to reinvigorate this vast underdeveloped area of New Eden. Not to say that CCP hasn't done its share trying to bring in capsuleers to this practically uninhabited part of our universe; but when dedicated, intelligent and knowledgeable players come together to improve our game, good things can only come out of this!
And in a few month, when I have roamed Low Sec looking for a victim, and know more about Low Sec, maybe I'll venture myself to a few ways for improvements. For the time being, I'll let the experienced partake in this noble project.
- CrazyKinux's Musing: The Lure of the Wild
- Banter 21: Arr, Yer be talkin’ bout me lowsec | TheElitist
- Banter 21: Low-sec- Chocolate Heaven
- Subs' suds: Forever a noob in Eve: Low-Sec - the forgotten part of EVE Online
- Blog Banter XXI - Lo-sec = Low Priority? | I am Keith Neilson
- In the Ghetto | A Mule in EvE
- where the frack is my ship?: Blog Banter 21: What's good for the goose...
- Blog Banter #21: Change? | Sarnel Binora's Blog
- Low Sec = Wild West ~ Inner Sanctum of the Ninveah
- a merry life and a short one: Low Sec: I Wanna Talk to You
- Low Sec = No Sec | Diary of a Garbageman
- EVEOGANDA: Blog Banter 21: Friggin' Low Sec
- Drifting through the Stars: Blog Banter #21: Low-Sec - The Forgotten part of EVE Online
- Captain Serenity: Eve blog banter #21 - Low Sec, The Forgotten Part of Eve
- Low Sec: the Best part of EVE Online | Nitpickin's
- Aeroxe's Assault - “Is Low Sec the forgotten part of EVE Online?”
- Eve Blog Banter 21 | A Scientist's Life in Eve
- Latro's Bunker: Eve Blog Banter 21 - Low-sec
- A "CareBears" Journey » Blog Archive » EVE Blog Banter #21: The Low Sec Conundrum
- EVE Blog Banter 21: Low Security Space « The Nomadic Gamer
- EvE Blog Banter #21: Where Now?!? – EvE Blasphemy
- Low-security space is for people who care « EVE's parity bit
- Blog Banter 21 – Fish Heads and Baby Ruths
- EVE on Real Life: Obsession with Lowsec
- Stand by to Repel Boarders (Blog Banter 21) | Interstellar Privateer
- EVE Blog Banter #21: Location, Location, Location « The Lathspell of Mithrandir
- Blog banter #21: Stuck in the middle with you « Diary of a Pod Pilot
- Persephone Astrid's YarrJournal » Blog Archive » Living la Vida Lowsec
- Freebooted: BB21: Low-Sec - If it Ain't Broke, Introduce a Law-man
- Flashfresh - The Pirate.: EVE Blog Banter #21 'Low Sec Needs Fixing? Yes but not too much...'
- Nashh Kadavr's EVE Blog: EVE Blog Banter #21, low-sec love...
- New Eden History Student » Blog Archive » Blog Banter #21
- Blog Banter 21: No Man’s Land « Yarrbear Tales
- Omnis Arcanum of EVE: EVE Blog Banter #21: Is CCP indifferent to developing Low Sec??
- More coming shortly...