Welcome to the seventh installment of the EVE Blog Banter , the monthly EVE Online blogging extravaganza created by CrazyKinux . The EVE Blog Banter involves an enthusiastic group of gaming bloggers, a common topic within the realm of EVE Online, and a week to post articles pertaining to the said topic. The resulting articles can either be short or quite extensive, either funny or dead serious, but are always a great fun to read! Any questions about the EVE Blog Banter should be directed here. Check out other EVE Blog Banter articles at the bottom of this post!
This month's topic comes to us from yours truly, and I ask: "What 3 things haven't you done in EVE and why? Would you be willing to try one day? Why so? Why not?"
What 3 things haven't I done in EVE Online? What kind of a question is that? I mean, seriously, anyone who's given EVE a chance will quickly realise that the possibilities are endless. Three? Hell, there's probably 10 times that amount that I can think of in the time it takes for a shuttle to align for warp. Nevertheless let's see what the top three on that list would be.
PVP. I've been playing EVE for way too long not to get into PvP. And yet I really haven't given that side of the game a fair chance. Now, not that shooting down an enemy pilot in a small fleet or one-on-one duel hasn't crossed my mind a few times, but I've never made the jump, and have been far too many times on the receiving end. So it's time to give it a try. Anyone out there willing to give an old baboon a chance at learning to shoot intertubes spaceships?
Covert-ops. And by this I mean all aspects of benefiting from the ability to move around in a cloaked ship. I just love to sneak-up on people when there the least expecting it. Whenever I get a chance to play an FPS on my 360, I always pick the sniper. Add to that the possibility to roam around New Eden without being detected, and you've got my juices flowing. Which brings me to my last item on this short list.
Exploration. A few EON issues ago, there was an articles about a fellow player who had gone and visited every system in the EVE universe (prior to the Empyrean Age expansion). I can't recall the name of the player, but the fact that he had been able to do so, and be witness to so many amazing things, all in the comfort of a cloaked ship, just sounded too wicked for me. It's something I'll need to try soon.
So there you have it. Three things I've never done in EVE. Three things that I will definitely try, if only for the fun of doing something different. EVE is a true sandbox, and it's up to us to explore it's boundaries and see what's out there for us.
So, where do you want to go today?
List of participants:
- CrazyKinux's Musing, EVE Blog Banter #7: Eh, nobody told me you could do this in EVE!
- One Man and His Spaceship, Blog Banter 7 - Expanding My Horizon
- I am Keith Neilson, EVE Blog Banter #7 - What do you want to do today?
- Rifter Drifter, Blog Banter 7: Trinity
- Roc's Ramblings, Blog Banter #7 - The me I am not
- Morphisat's Blog, Eve Blog banter #7 - Treading waters unknown
- Sweet Little Bad Girl, Blog Banter 7 - Roads Not Followed
- A Mule in EvE, DD, defend against a gank & POS gunning
- Inner Sanctum of the Ninveah, Choices
- The Wandering Druid of Tranquility, "One, Two, Three...three things....hahahahaha"
- The Ralpha Dogs, Road Not Taken... Or Not
- Melindhra's Universe, EVE Blog Banter #7 - Where no one has gone before
- Life in Low Sec, Blog Banter #7: Possibilities
- EVE Guru, EVE Blog Banter 7
- Diary of a Pod Pilot, [OOC] EVE Blog Banter #7: Stones left unturned
- Flashfresh - The Pirate, EVE Blog Banter #7: This isn't me...
- Nefchast’s Gaming Blog, CrazyKinux’s EVE Blog Banter #7
- A Merry Life and a Short One, EVE Blog Banter #7: Syphilis Doesn't Count
- Rip Lacunae, Past & Future (Eve Blog Banter 7)
- Broadside, EVE Blag Banter #7: aspiration
- Into the Unknown, Eve Blog Banter #7: What haven’t I done?
- Diary of a Space Jokey, Blog Banter #7: So much to do, so little time
- Life, the Universe and everything, Blog Banter#7: Just Three?
- Discovering EVE, EVE Blog Banter #7: Things I haven't done in EVE
- Achernar, To live a bit more of it
- Articulated Sky, Blog Banter #7: Never say never
- Kane Rizzel - a pirate's perspective, [OOC] EVE Blog Banter #7: Small fish in a big pond
- A Sebiestor Scholar - Zargyl, EVE Blog Banter #7
- Speed Fairy, EVE Blog Banter #7: Never been a pirate Quin