Welcome to the fourteenth installment of the EVE Blog Banter, the monthly EVE Online blogging extravaganza created by none other than me, CrazyKinux. The EVE Blog Banter involves an enthusiastic group of gaming bloggers, a common topic within the realm of EVE Online, and a week to post articles pertaining to the said topic. The resulting articles can either be short or quite extensive, either funny or dead serious, but are always a great fun to read! Any questions about the EVE Blog Banter should be directed to email@example.com. Check out other EVE Blog Banter articles at the bottom of this post!
The first banter of 2010 comes to us from the EVE Blog Father, in which I ask the following: As we begin another year in New Eden, ask yourselves "What Now?" What will I attempt next? What haven't I done so far in EVE? Was it out fear, funds, or knowledge? Have I always wanted to start my own corporation, but have never dared doing so? Is there a fledging mercenary waiting to come out of its shell? Or maybe an Industrialist? What steps and objectives will I set myself to accomplish in order to reach my ultimate goal for this year? EVE is what you make of it. So, what is it going to be for you?
Beginning anew. Well sort of. You see, 2009 wasn't the best of year for my career as a capsuleer. Not that I did not a lack of motivation or a will to try out new things. But circumstances outside of New Eden forced me to put aside most if not all of these goals and for the better part of the year I, for lack of a better word, stagnated. Literally.
I feel out of touch with the game. That might sound funny to some of you, but it's a fact I've had to come to grips with. I'm like one of these ol'war vets who due to some traumatic event, have lost all acquired abilities. Or maybe I'm just outdated, following the last few expansions.
But 2010 will see this situation change. If I may remind you of a post I made back in May of last year, this fellow capsuleer is going to start living in the shadows. As a carebear, I spend most of my time trying to avoid conflicts and dreading that sound you here when your ship is being acquired as a target. No more. This stops today!
So, I've finally completed the Phoenix Labs minimum skill prerequisites and can now start to train the necessary skills to become the Covert Operative that is hiding somewhere under the thick blubberry fur of this carebear.
Now having such a goal is fine and dandy, but I'll need to discuss my role within PPL and see how the Executives have in mind for me. Remember, "Corp is Mother!".
I plan to report over the next few weeks and throughout the next year, my progress, my achievements and my failures in the process.
Please bare with me!
List of Participants:
- CrazyKinux's Musing - A beginning is a very delicate time...
- The Wandering Druid of Tranquility - Words, words, words…
- My God It's Full of Stars - What Now?
- The Elitist - Plans for 112yc
- Into the unknown with gun and camera - Show me the money
- Ecliptic Rift - Enabling the future
- Inanity and Doom - New Year's Resolutions, New Eden Style
- Break Vol - Blog Banter #14
- Guns Ablaze - What Now?
- Adventures in Mission Running - The Way Forward
- Diary of a Pod Pilot - Things I want to do
- Inner Sanctum of the Ninveah - The Year That Will Be
- Roc's Ramblings - WordPress ate my blog
- Vive Virtual - Frontier Living
- A Mule in EVE - Next on the chopping block
- Prano's Journey - I Peer Into My Crystal Pod...
- Life in Low Sec - Expanding the Franchise
- The Light of Stars - Testing the claims of CCP
- A Memoir From Space - A New Direction
- The Chronofile - Blog Banter 2010
- FlashFresh - What now for Flash?
- EVE Opportunist - Fyreite in 112
- Mike Azariah - Jiorj
- Yarrbear Tales - Year in Review
- The Independant Analyst - The Year Ahead
- The Travels of Black Claw - Where ma I going?
- Warp Scrammed - What to do this year
- Sered's Lives - Searching for directions in 2010
- Finders & Keepers - New Tears, Same Great Taste
- The Captain's Log - To Dream of the Future
- The Lathspell of Mithrandir - Resolutions
- The Midnight Sun - EVE Blog Banter #14
- EVE What? - New Heights to be Reached
- The EVE Chronicles - New Year – New Blog – What a way to start the Year!
[ Delicious Tags: eveblogbanter14 ]