Welcome to the eighteenth installment of the EVE Blog Banter, the monthly EVE Online blogging extravaganza created by none other than me, CrazyKinux. The EVE Blog Banter involves an enthusiastic group of gaming bloggers, a common topic within the realm of EVE Online, and a week to post articles pertaining to the said topic. The resulting articles can either be short or quite extensive, either funny or dead serious, but are always a great fun to read! Any questions about the EVE Blog Banter should be directed to email@example.com. Check out other EVE Blog Banter articles at the bottom of this post!
On May 6th 2010, EVE Online celebrated its 7th Anniversary. Quite a milestone in MMO history, especially considering that it is one of the few virtual worlds out there to see its population continually grow year after year. For some of you who've been here since the very beginning, EVE has evolved quite a lot since its creation. With the expansion rolling out roughly twice a year, New Eden gets renewed and improved regularly. But, how about you the player? How has your gaming style evolved through the years or months since you've started playing? Have you always been a carebear, or roleplayer? Have you only focused on PvP or have you given other aspects of the game a chance - say manufacturing. Let's hear your story!Six years! Six wonderful long years in which I've had the opportunity to fly with 7 different corporations, one of which I was the CEO of a one-man corp! I've flown with capsuleers from Coreli, TAKAGI, and a few others, but the one corporation which has had the greatest impact on my life amongst the star was Phoenix Propulsion Labs. PPL was my home for 4 years in all. During that time, I met with some amazing folks, some of whom I had the privileged to meet face to face in Las Vegas.
I say "was" my home, because I've recently moved to Chaosstorm Corporation. During the last 6 years I've pretty much been a carebear, and have had very few PvP encounters. And when it happened I was always on the receiving end. Six years has been enough, and recently I've found myself wanting to jump into a side of EVE I've never dared explore; one that some of you are only to well familiar with. It was time this carebear grew some fangs! And that burning desire has been with me for quite sometime actually, though I had never made the move.
Why then did I decide to become a member of Chaosstorm then, and why now? You, back in 2004 EVE was such a small MMO, practically unknown to the world, even more so here in my home town of Montreal. But over the last few years, more and more folks from this part of the world started playing, and getting together for EVE Player Meets. SUch fine folks as the members of Chaosstorm. Folks such as Letrange and Cozmik R5.
And so late last week, I joined a corporation that defines itself as specialized in wormhole space exploration and exploitation, currently recruiting all forms of combat pilots, who must be mentaly prepared for PvP combat. After 6 years of mining, hauling and missioning, this carebear is ready to take a bite out of a few of you!
And so there you have it. It's kind of pretty amazing that having played a game for so long, I'm still on the verge of discovering a completely unknown side of a universe I've been exploring. In all this time I had the opportunity to achieve great things, discovers some new friends, and dream of becoming so much more.
The first two thousand days have been amazing. Here's to the next thousands!
- CrazyKinux's Musing: The Heroes with a Thousand Faces
- StarFleet Comms: Life. Evolved.
- A Carebear's Journeu: This Carebear Thinks He Is Developing Teeth
- The Elitist: Our ventures in EVE
- A Mule in EVE: From a guppy predator
- Travels of the Ronin: Evolution and Adaptation
- The Ralpha Dogs: The Past Through Tomorrow
- Where the frack is my ship: A journey, not a destination
- I am Keith Neilson: 7 Year Itch?
- Inner Sanctum of the Ninveah: Evolution Me
- EVE Opportunist: A long history of a short time
- Roc's Ramblings: Things Change
- Guns Ablaze: Onwards and Upwards
- EVE On Real Life: Haven't you grown up yet?
- The Fang: The path of the ninja
- EVEOGANDA: Whoops Apocalypse!
- EVE SOB: Learning to swim
- The Life of a Dead Jester: My Time with EVE
- Personal Files, Ciarente Roth: Personal Diary 18.6.112
- Learning to Fly: Change is Good
- Depths Unknown: Falling With Style
- Morphisat’s Blog: Jack of all trades
- Sarnelbinora's Blog: Thoughts of EVE
- Confessions of a Closet Carebear: It's the yellow box, stupid...
- Adventures in Mission Running: My path amongst the stars
- When 11 Ninjas isn't enough: First days in the North (continued)
- Lost in New Eden: My EVE Life So Far
- Life in my Hole: How My EVE Experience Has Evolved
- The Lathspell of Mithrandir: EVE-olution
- Chocolate Heaven: Recurring Themes
- Diary of a Pod Pilot: The many sides of me
- eve's parity bit: Me; the perpetual student
- Mike Azariah: When you look into the Past, the Past looks into you
- Nestor the Chronicled: The Path Continues
[Delicious Tag: eveblogbanter18]