Every EVE Online player who became a parent during his capusleer career, knows how difficult it can sometimes be to juggle a professional career, a marriage and children, while giving in to the calling of New Eden. But with time, through sheer effort and good planning, it can be done. I know, I've struggled myself to manage to do all of the above, but I'm still here, playing the game, blogging about it and having a great time doing it, despite the occasional trolls!
How do I do it? Well over time I've come up with a few basic rules that seem to work for me. And so I wanted to share them with you, and see what you yourselves can come up with!
- Thou shall put real-life first. Always!
- Thy children shall always come before the pod
- Nighttime shall become my best friend
- Thou shall master the art of flying a ship while changing a diaper
- A game schedule thou shall agree upon with thy better-half
- Thou shall learn the EVE Bushido of the Parent Warrior
- EVEMon shall be installed on every PC I can come in contact with
- Thou shall know all the ins and outs of of the EVE Skill Planner
I didn't want to finish the list, not because I ran out of steam or ideas, but simply because I want you to add the last two! Come on!