- Trinity II will be out by the end of 2007
- It will require XP and DX9, not Vista and DX10 (woohoo!!)
- Dynamic Lighting (how sweet it looks)
- Trinity II lays the ground work for future DX10 improvements
- Moves a lot of the processing to the GPU, thus improving game performance (crosses me fingers)
- It'll be big at over 2Gb - a mother of a patch!
- Trinity II and the upcoming Revelations III patch might be separate patches (god, lets hope so)
- Revelations III's Factional WarFare is still being worked on
- Revelations 2.2 will have the new Rorqual Industrial Capital ship (this is one badass Carebear ship)
- A bit on the EVE economist
- "Avatars walking in station" feature is also being worked on
Monday, August 27, 2007
A great video interview with EVE Associate Producer
The guys over at MMORPG.com have a great 15 minute interview with Arend Stuhrmann done during the 2007 Games Convention in Leipzig. There's a lot of great pieces of information in it, and a cool video comparing the before and after implementation of Trinity II, EVE's upcoming improved graphic engine - out by the end of the year. Here's a list of the major points covered in the video, though I encourage you to go over and take the 15 minutes to watch it.