Welcome to the thirteenth installment of the EVE Blog Banter, the monthly EVE Online blogging extravaganza created by CrazyKinux. The EVE Blog Banter involves an enthusiastic group of gaming bloggers, a common topic within the realm of EVE Online, and a week to post articles pertaining to the said topic. The resulting articles can either be short or quite extensive, either funny or dead serious, but are always a great fun to read! Any questions about the EVE Blog Banter should be directed here. Check out other EVE Blog Banter articles at the bottom of this post!
The first banter of this 2nd year of EVE Blog Banters comes to us from Zargyl from A Sebiestor Scholar, who asked the following: On the EVE Fanfest 2009 page are pictures of prizes for the Silent Auction that was held during the event. One of these photos was entitled “Design your own EVE mission”. My question now would be what kind of mission would you write if you got that prize? What would the mission be about? Would it be one using the new system of epic mission arks? What would be the story told by it? Feel free to expand upon his questions and put together your very own mission!
EVE is known as the sand box of MMOs, where PvP is the core and heart of the game, and PvE is but an afterthought. But that would be stretching it a bit. Player versus Environment, or PvE, has indeed been neglected in the past, but in recent times, it has received some much needed TLC from the CCP Devs. One thing is for certain though, it'll take a lot more of that sweet viking love to bring PvE up to par with PvP!
Currently my time in EVE is somewhat very limited, if none at all. So I feel somewhat ill prepared to dive deep into this very complex essay of mission design. As such, I'll give the center stage to the folks below, knowing that they'll do a much better job then I would at this present time in my capsuleer career. I look forward to reading, commenting and discussing everyone's ideas!
List of Participants:
- CrazyKinux's Musing - Your Mission, should you decide to accept it...
- Zen and the Art of Internet Spaceship Maintenance - First Blood
- The Elitist - Guristas Invasion
- The Wandering Druid of Tranquility - ...It's another episode of Design Star: EVE Style...
- Level Cap -Epic Battles
- Roc's Ramblings - The Cave of Time
- Aether - Teach a man to fish...
- Inner Sanctum of the Ninveah - Mission: Tangled Webs
- Adventures in Mission Running - I can haz spaceship?
- Nuke Thoughts - EVE Blog Banter 13
- Diary of a Pod Pilot - Distressing The Damsel
- Guns Ablaze - Dynamic Missions
- Achernar - Confidential Report
- Escoce - EVE Trader - Missions with player adversaries
- Hands Off, My Loot! - Blog Banter #13, no witty title
- Inanity and Doom - A question of impact
- Cle Demaari: Citizen in EVE - See the Universe
- A Starry Eyed Pod-Pusher - Wormhole Extreme!
- Mike Azariah - Missioneer, not mouseketeer