I'm slowly gathering all the good articles and information that I come across in regards to the EVE Online Fanfest Coverage - articles, facts, photos, blog roundups,etc. I'll keep updating this post as I find new info. If you've written something or are aware of a great article I haven't linked too (and there are plenty of these), then please add them to the comments and I'll add it to the list.
What we've learned so far on:
- Ship formations with added bonuses will soon be introduced
- The next expansion, Dominion, is to be launched on December 1st, 2009
- COSMOS social network has been renamed "New Eden"; and some folks just don't agree with the new name
- New Tech III loot as well as Tech III Frigates are coming
- Planetary ring mining (been looking forward to this one for quite some time)
- Comet mining (been promised this way back when)
- @chocolips' take on what COSMOS is - pre-Fanfest
- Will have customizable vehicles. with modules like eve ships.
- DUST 514 is a large-scale multiplayer FPS in the style of the Battlefield 2142
- Will have Microtransactions to allow access to blueprints and stuff.
- DUST Corps and EvE corps can be in the same alliance.
- DUST players act as mercenaries in the pay of EVE Online's space pilots.
- DUST 514 will have microtransactions (aka Micropayments)
From CCP Games
From EuroGamer (great coverage btw)
From other corners of the Intertubes and Blogosphere
- Roc's Ramblings - Iceland 2009 – Entry #8 & Entry #8b
- Diary of a Pod Pilot - Fanfest 2009 review: Awesomeness
- Hellforge - No Subscription Fees for DUST 514
- Dotlan EVE Maps - Fanfest 2009 Roundup
- ZAM - CCP Presents - Fanfest 2009 Keynote
- DJ Alienhand's EVE Fanfest Party Free track
- The Mondes Persistants' EVE Fanfest 2009 Flickr photo sets - Thursday - Friday - Saturday and Sunday
- @chocolips' Flickr sets - Day 1 - Day 2 - Day 3 and recap post