The one piece that caught my attention is CCP's goal to have 3D character avatars (yes, that's the walking kind) some time by end of 2008. How realistic is that in view of the complexity most likely involved (hardware, lag, game play, purpose), only time will tell. Still, I can't wait to see this happen. This, and Trinity II will be the only reasons why I upgrade this PC to be able to run Vista and DX10.
Here's a few links I've put together for your perusal:
- EVE Online Adding Human-Form Avatars
- EIF 2007: Hilmar Petursson explains why EVE Online “will never stop”
- EIF: CCP's Petursson On EVE Online's People-Powered Universe
- Summary of Hilmar Petursson's session
- CCP Games CEO on how Eve Online differs from WoW
- Black Company: EVE Online, Hilmar Petursson
P.S.: I'll keep editing this post, adding new articles as they appear. So keep an eye on this one!